CÁCH DÙNG: DUE, DUE TO, OWING TO, CERTAIN, SURE
1. due, used of time, can take an infinitive:
- The race is due to start in ten minutes.
But it can also be used alone:
- The plane was due (in) at six. It is an hour overdue.
2. due to (preposition) means ‘a result of:
- The accident was due to carelessness.
3. owing to means ‘because of:
- Owing to his carelessness we had an accident.
4. sure take infinitives to express the speaker’s opinion.
- Tom is sure to win.
5. But subject + certain/sure + that-clause expresses the subject’s opinion:
- Tom is sure that he will win.
Gửi phản hồi
You must be logged in to post a comment.